Sunday, June 29, 2008

Did you miss Chrispy?

I zipped down I-65 to my first horror convention: Hypericon at the Day's Inn on 1st Street in Nashville. I'll catch up on the blog soon, but did I ever have fun. I was able to meet Mr. Joe R. Lansdale and talk about Mr. Lovrcraft with him. I'll let you know more about that as this next week progresses.

As for the blog, I'm trying to figure out it's next leg on it's destiny with fate. Blogger has given me some neat new tools and I'm a bit flustered to know precisely what to do with them to help explain Mr/ Lovecraft's legacy to fans (and to me!).

You may have noticed the slight facelift. The banner is gone. I think it was a bit overkill. The "word of the day" is a favorite with me, but I didn't see that it enhanced the casual reader's experience much. It's at the bottom of the page.

All the blog links I had to type in as html will have to be slowly converted over for blogger's new "blog list" feature. I love to advertise YOU and your HPL activities. And since it is my blog, I like to promote my writer friends who've stuck by me and helped me over the last (gosh, nearly a bit more than) half a decade now. Bless you.

It's amazing what 5 years or so brings. Somehave went on to write in non-horror fields, some have become publishers, and others have won awards with their writing. Not unlike Lovecraft's little circle of friends, eh?

Anyway, we've reached a pinnacle in the HPLblog, and for it to grow I have to spend time studying what's next for it. Hang tight, and we'll experience that together on the way to the 2,000-th post.

I know I promised Joe Lansdale, but let's try to talk about that tomorrow.

-Chrispy.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Facebook:

Google Analytics