Saturday, December 02, 2006

The World of H P Lovecraft

As a teenager, I remember a substitute bilogy teacher brought a copy of H P Lovecraft to school and was reading it between classes. Someone asked him about it and that's how I remembered the name - several decades later.

The name popped up in casual conversation one day at the office, and I thought - hmm, never read anything by him. I went to the bookstore, read a few stories, and was hooked. That was probably about 2001.

Wow, a lot of water under the bridge for Chrispy since then!

Stay tuned for more from Long on Lovecraft and Houdini. And soon, notes of Lovecraft's possible romance with Hazel Heald. Of course, I and my faithful friends are scouring the news for mentionables about HPL's legacy. Soon, the author's of Houdini: Superhero will publish the on-line footnotes I so desire to flush out Eddy's involvement with Houdini. Let's hope there is exciting stuff there!!

Peace.

1 comment:

Michelle Souliere said...

I have one of my exes to thank for my love of Lovecraft. Back in the late 1980s, he positively insisted that I read selections from Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre. Now that's the same book that I start a lot of my friends out on, as well!

Followers

Blog Archive

Facebook:

Google Analytics