On 29 May 1884, Rhode Island accepted the corporation of The Snake River Company which was partnered by:
Whipple V Phillips
Marius S Daniels
Christopher A Peirce (correct spelling of Peirce)
Albert J Robinson
I spent a few hours with my fried "Da Google" and you'd think that names like Lafayette Aspinwall and Voshay would jump off the search engine. Aspinwall shopwed up, but impossibly, since the death is decades too early for our candidate. Alas. The others also were more obscure in the current crop of scans in Google's archives. We may have to wait a few more years.
However, there are lengthy transcriptions of a tedious lawsuit. DANIELS v. ALMY et al. (Supreme Court of Rhode Island. April 19, 1893.) The key passage for this researcher was a simple, "This is a petition for a new trial of issues sent to a Jury in the suit in equity now pending in this court, wherein Marius S. Daniels, now deceased...".
Daniels, thus, disappears in less than a decade from the group who formed the company. The suit, which extended after his death, involved about forty feet of property on Custom House Street that was debated about being a public way or private property.
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- Tracking the Elusive Lovecraft
- The Great Daylight Comet of 1910 and the Measles
- More Sea Monsters in Rhode Island
- An Aside: An 1859 Quaker Letter
- Real Life Rhode Island Sea Monster
- Lovecraftian- and Movie Star: Will Hart
- The Minions of Cthulhu
- Would you play this guitar?
- A Lovecraft ... Opera !
- Great HPL Art
- Friendly Aliens: Contents
- 1981 Book of Lovecraft and other Stories (Canada)
- 7 year old Lovecraft and Jack in the Beanstalk?
- A Divergence: Providence 1910 (Mowry)
- Handicraft Club
- Did Lovecraft See a Camel?
- Interlude: Use Google to Find Cool Lovecraft Fact...
- Dunwitch Horror (Part Two)
- The Dunwitch Horror
- Marius S Daniels of "The Snake River Company"
- A Providence Lawyer (1905)
- The Minions of Cthulhu Know All
- William Scoresby's mirage and HPL
- Old Providence (c. 1870)
- Samuel Loveman in the New York Times
- Charles D. Hornig ... October 23, 1933
- George W Kirk, Obituary NYT (1962)
- Charles D. Hornig ... January 20, 1934
- 1977 Rare Article (Vermont Horror)
- Ben Indick (1975)
- Is this Mrs. Wood?
- A Piece of Vintage High School Ephemera (1911)
- Some Providence Theaters in HPL's era
- English High School
- Charles D. Hornig ... September 24, 1933
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)