This is not dated in the text, but the seller declares it to be 1898. The date begins Monday, 31 December - which does match.
Would 7 year old Lovecraft have enjoyed this production? Mixed thoughts - it was a"kids' show, but he was a kid. He was into all sorts of fantasy, and it did have a bit of the Arabian Night thievery to it.
Such a rare treasure, to have a 112 year old clipping preserved, it must have impressed someone to have held this clipping for so many years. A memory, now cast out to the Ebayeum.
At 7-1/2, I think this would have been tempting for the Phillips - considering Robert Morror lived across the street - to take young Howard, but we shall never know. It warms my heart to think of Howard watching this folderol fantasy, and so I will let that out weight my analytical thoughts and say yes.
Read the details!! (click and it should expand into a new window).
This Robert Morrow has long been misprinted as "Mr Manow" in some HPL letter transcriptions.
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- Tracking the Elusive Lovecraft
- The Great Daylight Comet of 1910 and the Measles
- More Sea Monsters in Rhode Island
- An Aside: An 1859 Quaker Letter
- Real Life Rhode Island Sea Monster
- Lovecraftian- and Movie Star: Will Hart
- The Minions of Cthulhu
- Would you play this guitar?
- A Lovecraft ... Opera !
- Great HPL Art
- Friendly Aliens: Contents
- 1981 Book of Lovecraft and other Stories (Canada)
- 7 year old Lovecraft and Jack in the Beanstalk?
- A Divergence: Providence 1910 (Mowry)
- Handicraft Club
- Did Lovecraft See a Camel?
- Interlude: Use Google to Find Cool Lovecraft Fact...
- Dunwitch Horror (Part Two)
- The Dunwitch Horror
- Marius S Daniels of "The Snake River Company"
- A Providence Lawyer (1905)
- The Minions of Cthulhu Know All
- William Scoresby's mirage and HPL
- Old Providence (c. 1870)
- Samuel Loveman in the New York Times
- Charles D. Hornig ... October 23, 1933
- George W Kirk, Obituary NYT (1962)
- Charles D. Hornig ... January 20, 1934
- 1977 Rare Article (Vermont Horror)
- Ben Indick (1975)
- Is this Mrs. Wood?
- A Piece of Vintage High School Ephemera (1911)
- Some Providence Theaters in HPL's era
- English High School
- Charles D. Hornig ... September 24, 1933
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)