This in from Michelle:
If anyone is trying to distinguish between the first three printings, there are some details in "Horrors and Unpleasantries" that help figure out edition points:
1. First printing ($5.00 price). Photo of HPL on back of dj measures 92mm x 111mm. Back dj flap lists Arkham House titles by HPL. No headbands on either end of spine.
2. Second printing ($6.50 price). Photo of HPL on back of dj is 92mm x 120mm this time. Back dj flap same as 1st. However, spine has cloth headbands in black and white thread, 14 or 15 sections of each color, alternating.
3. Third printing ($6.50 price). Photo of HPL same size as 2nd printing. However, instead of listing HPL's other Arkham titles on back flap of dj, instead there is a brief factual note about HPL. This printing also has headbands, but the alternating sections of black and white are fewer, about 9 or 10.
Don't forget if you're in Maine:
The Green Hand Bookshop
661 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Email her here:
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- Tracking the Elusive Lovecraft
- The Great Daylight Comet of 1910 and the Measles
- More Sea Monsters in Rhode Island
- An Aside: An 1859 Quaker Letter
- Real Life Rhode Island Sea Monster
- Lovecraftian- and Movie Star: Will Hart
- The Minions of Cthulhu
- Would you play this guitar?
- A Lovecraft ... Opera !
- Great HPL Art
- Friendly Aliens: Contents
- 1981 Book of Lovecraft and other Stories (Canada)
- 7 year old Lovecraft and Jack in the Beanstalk?
- A Divergence: Providence 1910 (Mowry)
- Handicraft Club
- Did Lovecraft See a Camel?
- Interlude: Use Google to Find Cool Lovecraft Fact...
- Dunwitch Horror (Part Two)
- The Dunwitch Horror
- Marius S Daniels of "The Snake River Company"
- A Providence Lawyer (1905)
- The Minions of Cthulhu Know All
- William Scoresby's mirage and HPL
- Old Providence (c. 1870)
- Samuel Loveman in the New York Times
- Charles D. Hornig ... October 23, 1933
- George W Kirk, Obituary NYT (1962)
- Charles D. Hornig ... January 20, 1934
- 1977 Rare Article (Vermont Horror)
- Ben Indick (1975)
- Is this Mrs. Wood?
- A Piece of Vintage High School Ephemera (1911)
- Some Providence Theaters in HPL's era
- English High School
- Charles D. Hornig ... September 24, 1933
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)