Sunday, September 02, 2007

Lovecraft Letter of 1926 (Reproduction)


H.P. Lovecraft, American Author handwritten and signed letter (REPRINT) with photo (REPRINTS) Letter c. 1926 reads:


"That historical outline of the weird tale was written for private publication in a non-professional magazine to be issued by that same W. Paul Cook to whom I've just referred you. Whether he still plans to issue it, I'm not quite sure, but I found the writing a pleasant exercise & good discipline. Just now I'm dreading the job of typing the thing.

No - I've had nothing published lately except in Weird Tales , though I've been thinking of trying some stories on others if I ever get the time. I had two serials in another magazine -- a wretched rag called Home Brew -- some four years ago, but don't think much of them as I consider them in retrospect.

With best wishes, & appreciation of the interest you express in my lucubrations,I remain

Most cordially & sincerely yrs

HPLovecraft"


Letter and photo are handsomely matted and framed in a walnut finish moulding. Overall size 16" x 13".

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Facebook:

Google Analytics