Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dunwich Horror, Lee Coye & August Derleth


AUGUST DERLETH TO LEE BROWN COYE
The seller (epegana) states: Letter dated 29 March, 1963 / Short but terrific little letter from publisher August Dereleth to artist Lee Brown Coye. Derleth acknowledges getting the drawing for the dust-jacket illustration for "The Dunwich Horror" published in 1963 by Arkham House "I send you $50 herewith for it....it should prove most effective".
_____

29 March 1963
Dear Lee
The jacket drawing for THE DUNWICH HORROR & OTHERS has just come in - - just as I'm preparing to send back proofs for the correction & printing - so it's squarely on time. I send you $50.00 herewith for it. It should prove most effective, and I rather think our readers will like it very much.
On jacket copy I will say that it is a portrait of Wilbur Whateley, and give you a line or two re previous books illustrated, etc. I usually append that to the bottom of the front flap, as you may have noticed.
Best always, and many thanks,
AD

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Facebook:

Google Analytics