Friday, April 30, 2010
A Derleth Fanzine: Amazine
AMAZINE STF & NONSENCE
Obviously a play on words between "Amazing" and "magazine". STF stands for scientifiction, the name science-based adventure fantasy had before $SJ (Forest J. Ackerson) coined SciFi, and before science fiction became stodgy and proper "SF".
Seller states: Vol 1 no 1 (no year given) 14pgs + covers, side stapled. WISCONSIN DIARY by August Derleth. Published by Phil Harrell. Cover little soiled, VG.
The bug spray on the Naziesque character probably dates it to the early 1940's (maybe 1943?). I could find no online source to collaborate.
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- A Derleth Fanzine: Amazine
- KALEIDOSCOPE (1961)
- Interesting coincidence in early 1960's Baltimore
- MIRAGE #4 (1961)
- Hugog And Whipple Phillips
- Harold Munroe: Bits Found
- Market Square, Providence (circa 1900)
- Chester P. Munroe, Death Notice
- Westminster Sreet (1912)
- Good Ol' Sol
- CM Eddy Jr: Music notes
- 21 April 1898 - on Poets
- Lovecraft at the Theater: Robert Mantell
- A Tentacular Spectacular
- Wisconsin Meteor: Ground Zero Found
- Lovecraft Going to College
- Lovecraft's First Comet
- Hope Street High School Adminsitration (1903 ff)
- Lovecraft's 1907 Physics Class?
- Breaking News: Colour Out of Space and Over Wiscon...
- Lovecraft the Gardener: Why did he seize a vacant ...
- 1895 Images of Providence
- An anecdote from another observation
- Alien Life Found - on Earth!
- "Cooperative Observers"
- What is a "Sixe's Thermometer"?
- Storm Glass? What was Lovecraft Talking About?
- Providence Engineering Dept.'s Meteorology Report
- Lovecraft's Meteorological Work
- Ives Difraction Spectroscope
- Anvik, Alaska > Before "New Anvik"
- Lovecraft's Meteorological Equipment (1906) Part A...
- Some probable estimates about Lovecraft's 1898-189...
- More on Abbie A Hathaway and some revelations
- Lovecraft and Providence's "Honor Classes"
- School Vacations in 1898-1899
- Lovecraft in Context: 1902 Providence Faces Immigr...
- More on "Sabrina P. Prouty" (1891)
- How did Lovecraft get to Slater Avenue?
- A final note of Lovecraft's Little Book
- New York Times on Harper's Half-Hour Series
- Ulysses by Charles Lamb
- Harper's Half-Hour Series
- "Why not slough off consciousness altogether?"
- Providence Potential Flooding (2010)
- Providence Photos circa 1910
- ▼ April (46)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)