You be the judge.
Below are both parts of the 1970 Spiderman cartoon. The plot could be considered Mythos, and while the drawing is sparse, and the dialogue stilted, it has some merits. There are "yig" creatures, froggish creatures, and caricatures of perhaps Nyarlathotep and Cthulhu. As it is ultimately revealed to be an invasion of a nightmare unreality, this may also fit one version of the Mythos. If nothing else, it may strike some of you as nostalgic.
The Youtube color has not held up. I also find that the actors oddly pronounce "dimension" as "dimensia (dim-en-shu)", and once mispronounce "secreted (see-creh-ted" as "secreted (see-creet-ed)". The entire item lasts roughly 19 minutes.
A little research shows that Lin Carter was involved in the story plot (see below).
Episode Cast and Crew
Stars Paul Soles Spider-Man/Peter Parker
Peg Dixon Mary Jane Watson/Betty Brant/Polly/Sue J. Jonah
Paul Kligman J. Jonah Jameson/Jake/Additional Voices
Bernard Cowan Narrator/Additional Voices/Dr. Magneto/Cowboy
Linwood Vrooman Carter originally from Florida, was a stalwart at fan conventions, and an erstwhile artist and poet prior to the Korean War. Afterwards, he landed solid jobs in advertising and editing, eventually becoming a star with L Sprague de Camp in promoting sword and sorcery, a rebirth of Robert E Howard for better or worse. Apparently, Carter landed at least a one season writing gig with the animated cartoon, and Chrispy recalls that Carter was an ocassional contributor to the feature magazine sized Marvel Conan comic in the 70's.
Halliway, I find little on. He was a comic writer (Spiderman comics and at least this episode) and a cooperative on the controviersial adult rated Felix the Cat "The Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat" (1974)
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- Lovecraft and Postcards
- Colour Out of Space in New Mexico
- Lovecraft to Eddy (5 September 1924)
- Lovecraft to Eddy (21 July 1924)
- Lovecraft Letter to Eddy (5 Spet 1923)
- Real Life Atlach-Nacha
- A Spritualist in Lovecraft's Providence
- Toro Interview
- Spiderman Vs ... the Lovecraft Mythos?
- Interlude: It's hot.
- H.P. LOVECRAFT JOURNAL (1976)
- JOURNAL OF THE H.P. LOVECRAFT SOCIETY
- Lovecraft Draws Pickman's Monster
- Fritz Leiber (1978)
- Professor Upton and the Ladd Observatory
- Guillermo del Toro talks At the Mountains of Madne...
- Clara Hess
- Halley's Comet: 1910 and 466 BCE
- Fifth Third Bank's Dracula 2010 Special Trailer
- Dracula Comes Back to Louisville
- Classic Dracula Theme (1931)
- Los Angeles Film Festival Poster
- A little Kronos Quartet and Dracula
- First Look at DRACULA at Actors Theatre
- The Alien in Lovecraft's Writing
- Lovecraft Movie Rumor
- Fi-Fi of the Toy Shop (circa 1922)
- Florence H Slack (Hope Street High School)
- Will Hart in Providence Monthly
- The Squid of 30 Million Young !
- Annie Gamwell and the Avon House
- Houdini in Paterson, NJ 1926
- The Pinfeather (1914)
- ▼ September (34)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)