Friday, September 17, 2010
Fritz Leiber (1978)
Leiber, Fritz: WEIRD AND WONDERFUL. Original typed manuscript, seven pages, double-spaced. Title and byline in Leiber’s hand, along with several minor corrections and white-outs. Minor damp-staining (chiefly confined to the lower part of the first page and the bottom edge, resulting in some light rippling), some overall light use, but near very good condition.
This was published in the program book for the Fourth World Fantasy Convention, held in 1978 in Fort Worth, Texas. Leiber was guest of honor. Although the theme of the convention was the life and work of Robert E. Howard, this essay is about H.P. Lovecraft and his influence on subsequent writers of weird fiction. Leiber writes with fond nostalgia about his wife Jonquil and their correspondence with HPL during the last months of the elder writer’s battle with cancer. It’s surprising that Szumskyj and Joshi chose not to include this essay in their book FRITZ LEIBER AND H.P. LOVECRAFT: WRITERS OF THE DARK, assuming they were not ignorant of its existence.
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- Lovecraft and Postcards
- Colour Out of Space in New Mexico
- Lovecraft to Eddy (5 September 1924)
- Lovecraft to Eddy (21 July 1924)
- Lovecraft Letter to Eddy (5 Spet 1923)
- Real Life Atlach-Nacha
- A Spritualist in Lovecraft's Providence
- Toro Interview
- Spiderman Vs ... the Lovecraft Mythos?
- Interlude: It's hot.
- H.P. LOVECRAFT JOURNAL (1976)
- JOURNAL OF THE H.P. LOVECRAFT SOCIETY
- Lovecraft Draws Pickman's Monster
- Fritz Leiber (1978)
- Professor Upton and the Ladd Observatory
- Guillermo del Toro talks At the Mountains of Madne...
- Clara Hess
- Halley's Comet: 1910 and 466 BCE
- Fifth Third Bank's Dracula 2010 Special Trailer
- Dracula Comes Back to Louisville
- Classic Dracula Theme (1931)
- Los Angeles Film Festival Poster
- A little Kronos Quartet and Dracula
- First Look at DRACULA at Actors Theatre
- The Alien in Lovecraft's Writing
- Lovecraft Movie Rumor
- Fi-Fi of the Toy Shop (circa 1922)
- Florence H Slack (Hope Street High School)
- Will Hart in Providence Monthly
- The Squid of 30 Million Young !
- Annie Gamwell and the Avon House
- Houdini in Paterson, NJ 1926
- The Pinfeather (1914)
- ▼ September (34)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)