Here is a brief summary from the national Weather service.
“... people are living through history,” said Walter Drag, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service office in Taunton.
The deluge of rain this week has set all-time highs for daily rainfall and amount of rain in any month measured in Providence, the nearest point to Fall River where the National Weather Service records detailed data.
The amount of rain dumped on the area in the past few weeks “is unprecedented in the last 100 years of weather history in southeastern New England,” Drag said. The all-time record in Providence for any month is 15.38 inches, set in October 2005. As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, this month has had 15.58 inches.
Providence received 4.58 inches of rain on Tuesday (30 March 2010), according to the 5 p.m. report, with more rain likely to add to the total. On Monday (29 March 2010), the city received 3.47 inches of rain.
... unofficial dispatches Tuesday afternoon include 7.12 inches in Taunton, 5.38 inches in Dighton, and 8.75 in East Providence.
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- Record rainfalls in Providence (2010)
- Lewis Theobald (not Junior)
- Dr Franklin Chase Clark Obituary
- Lovecraft and Santa Claus
- "The Science Year Book" Described
- Technical Problem with Ronald Upham's Reported Add...
- Blurb on "Owyhee Land and Irrigation"
- Lovecraft Celebration: 25 March 2010
- Whipple V Phillips, Public Servant
- Whipple Phillips' Court Case Against Tillinghast
- Whipple V Phillips: Gas Mogul? (1882)
- Whipple Phillips: Youthful Banker !!
- Whipple Phillips Starts a New Church !!
- Whipple V Phillips in Greene, Rhode Island
- Brief Blurb on Owyhee Land and Irrigation Co (1898...
- Get some Chrispy in - - Dark Recesses
- Death Disbursement to Estate of Whipple V Phillips...
- Whipple V Phillips: Patent Holder
- Nancy O. Greene Review: Lovecraft Unbound !
- Robie A Phillips: Taxes (1891)
- Whipple V Phillips: Banker (1890 - 1904?)
- Breaking News! Jellyfish Live Forever!
- 19 March 1896 - Fire !
- Whipple V Phillips and Eureka Zinc Mining Company
- Whipple Van Buren Phillips: Mason (1886)
- More Controversy: 1902 School Changes !
- Controversy! The 1898 Providence School System
- Slater Avenue School in 1898
- Is there a doctor in the house?
- In Search of ... Mrs. Wilhelm Nauck, violin teache...
- A pause for speculation
- More on Winslow Upton (obituary)
- Lovecraft's Will (Wikisource)
- Scene near Providence Post Office (1912)
- The Other Side of Providence: Knight Street
- The Other Side of Providence: Spruce Street
- The Other Side of Providence, Republican Street: 1...
- HPL Typescripts
- Criticism of His Chemistry Text Book?
- The Other Side of Providence (1914)
- Lovecraft's High School Chemistry Text
- Lovecraft Typescripts
- Trivial remarks for 1904
- Weather reports: Procedures of 1903-1904
- Trivial Notes of 1904
- Lovecraft's inheritance
- Lovecraft's Ancestry
- In Search of ... "The Detective"
- Lovecraft and Poikilothermia Syndrome
- 454 Angell Street (1899)
- Lovecraft Ancestry Comment
- List of Mayors of Providence: Lovecraft's Lifetime...
- Scarlet Fever Plague in 1906 Providence
- Black Sabbath (1970) Behind the Wall of Sleep
- Bookseller, circa 1895
- Winfield S Lovecraft (1872)
- Edward Francis Gamwell
- Brief Technical Note on "Winged Death"
- Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon
- Ad for Rhode Island Hospital
- ▼ March (61)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)