Well I suppose it had to happen.
I woke up Friday night (actually very early Sayurday morning) after a dream. Maybe it's becuase I've been doing a DVD "Medium" TV marathon. Maybe too much of George Noory's Coast to Coast AM and "Workers in the Light". Probably way too much Lovecraft research, as I had just read a couple of September 1906 Providence Tribunes on Google News Archive before I went to bed.
In any event, Lovecraft appeared to me. Or more specifically, I was in Providence circa late 1920's, and he walked with me introducing me to neighbors and friends in a cordianl and convivial manner. It's a bit fuzzy after a few days, but I think we went to the Boston Store, by the Providence Opera House, met some business folks on Westminster, and while I don't recall a trolley ride, we sure covered a lot of terrain if we didn't.
He looked just as he always does in photos, and since I dream in color, it was in color. He had a typical Providence accent with a tinge of Western Rhode Island. Thankfully, there was no comment in the dream of my Kentucky accent.
There were no monsters, no weirdness, just a pleasant afternoon with HPL on the streets of Providence.
Egads, I spend way too much time reading about Lovecraft.
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- Lovecraft and High School
- Happy Thanksgiving !!!
- Mitchell Loses Election
- Lovecraft: circa 23 November 1926
- Why Did Lovecraft Fall From a House?
- Chrispy's Lovecraft Dream
- Providence Opera House Programs
- Nick Redfern Meets H. P. Lovecraft?
- Wheaton College and Susan Lovecraft
- Manton Campbell Mitchell Update
- Tracking the Elusive Lovecraft: 13-15 December 18...
- The Vermont Flood Really Happened !
- Margaret Mather Died - and Tracking the Elusive Lo...
- What Would Lovecraft Say?
- The Digital Internet Era and Lovecraft
- ▼ November (17)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)