Monday, May 19, 2008

Galpin parts with his HPL correspondence (3 Sept 1970)


The seller (epegana) states:


SIGNED FORMAL LETTER FROM ALFRED GALPIN TO BOOKSELLER ROY A. SQUIRES


"My old friend and neighbor August Derleth has given me your name as a collector of Lovecraftiana....I recently retrieved from Derleth the sheaf of papers I had left with him years ago, and am planning to orgnize what I have...with the double aim:


1. Of selling some of the material and

2. Of writing out more fully than in my "Shuttered Room" article


...the above mentioned sheaf of papers consists mainly of 28 autographs letters from HPL

...8 post-cards, and a wedding announcement

....In addition, I have a certain number of books or periodicals

...a copy of "The Outsider & Others" plus other printed material I would sell".


Alfred Galpin was one of H. P. Lovecraft's earliest and closest friends and a famous member of his "Lovecraft Circle". The letter is signed "Alfred Galpin".

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Facebook:

Google Analytics