16 December and 22 December posts - Lovecraft's Providence is "Destroyed".
A Winter Scene of Providence.
And, soon, I am going to try to get up a number of "Phillips family" obituaries and newspaper notices. If you have a scrapbook, you will want these. They are devilishly hard to get, and I even knew what I was looking for.
If I get time over the holidays, I will type up some information about more of Lovecraft's neighbors. I even astonished myself at the hub-bub centered around 598-600 Angell Street, and even more so the startling revelations of 612 Angell Street (circa. 1880-1920).
In trade for all of this, I would love to know if anyone has discovered the death date of Theodore W. Phillips II. I know it is at least after June 1916, and believe it to be in late 1916.
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (114)
- Happy New Year
- The New Year Draweth Nigh!
- A Parable For Our Times
- The Ghosts of Phillipses Past
- "chupacabra" comes to my neighborhood
- Newport Rhode Island Nativity Image (1901)
- Reflections on 2010
- Thaumaturgists Predict Doom of Providence! (1905)...
- Winter Scene of Providence
- Doomsday Comes to Providence (1907)
- A new take on Nyarlathotep
- WV Phillips, Gilded Age Tycoon
- HPL in Pawtuxet Valley Gleaner
- Aeronaut Plunges to earth at Providence
- James W Phillips died
- Arsenic containing DNA
- Things to Come
- Voltaire Molesworth book: Australian Lovecraft Co...
- Lovecraft Hated Horrible Smells
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2009 (586)
- ► 2008 (550)
- ► 2007 (627)
- ► 2006 (388)